Sunday, August 5, 2007

The travelling blog

I've finally created my travelling blog for my exchange year: My year in Canada. My ambition is to give you a picture of my stay the coming school year, with some reports and some pictures along the way. I will be spending the year with my host family in Boundary Creek, New Brunswick and attending high school in a nearby town.

On saturday I'll be departing for Toronto at 07,10 am. On friday me and my mother will go by train to Malmö, to sleep a few hours in a hotel before we take the train to the Copenhagen Airport. There we're going to meet a representative of EF at half past five in the morning. If you want to, you're welcome to say a little prayer for me between nine a 'clock and half past ten, because then I'll be changing flight all by myself on the huge airport Charles de Gaulle, outside Paris.

The first two weeks in Canada I'll be staying in Toronto, participating in the EF Language & Culture camp. At the arrival in Toronto it will, on the count of the time difference of five hours, still be morning. So the first night I suppose I won't exactly have any sleeping trouble.

This week is, as understandable, mostly about packing and getting ready to leave the country for a year. When I'm coming home my personality will have been changed, in one way or another. Right now I can't really say that I'm nervous or so, it's useless worrying about accidents that maybe won't even happen. But the departure is almost a week away, sooner or later the nervousness will come.

3 comments:

Krysmynta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krysmynta said...

hello!
Now i've created that account, i had to, you know. Then i wrote a comment full of errors, so I erased it. that's why.
Gone fishing? Well, soon, at lest! Have a great time! I know it'll all be nice (like Rome! :P) when you go there. Break a leg!
We'll see eachother after our adventures!

Hanna said...

Hej Elin! Vad kul att det blev en Kanadablogg - ska bli så spännande att läsa om dina äventyr. Slår en signal imorgon eftermiddag så jag kan säga hej så länge IRL! Godnattkram, Hanna