Friday, June 13, 2008

Graduation times

Grattis hela SP3C och alla andra som tog studenten igår! Fy fan vad ni är bra :D Om ett år är det min och Linneas tur att springa ut på skolgården i våra vita kläder och snygga hattar. But fact is, in only 5 days it's time for me and my fellow grad class to spend 2 hours in the gym (gympasalen), dressed in our awesome gowns and cool grad hats. I'm excited to be able to experience a North American graduation, I mean, I've watched it on TV so many times, so it feels cool to do it in real life.

Monday is prom. It's probably going to be a quite busy day, with hair appointment and pictures here and there. Prom itself starts at around 6 pm I believe, with arrival and Grad Marsh. Sunday is Grad dinner at church, I wonder if my dear parents are gonna make it in time =P Oh yeah about that, they're somewhere in between Montreál and Quebec City right now, following the St Lorenz River. With is supposed to be a very beautiful trail. So I hope they're enjoyoing it, I'm sure they are.

This week was exam week. That means if you didn't have any exams to write it was a week out of school. I had to write Bio 122, which was quite a challenge, first of all because I'm not a bio/physics person, and then the fact that it was in English didn't exactly make it easier. Other than that I also had a couple of Grad Practices, yeah, they want us to know when to enter and how to walk and when to stand and when to sit and tell us not to talk and not to wear flip flops... You get the point, they want us to be well prepared for the big days. Yesterday we also picked up our gowns and hats.

Yesterday night I went in to help finish the Grad Wall. The grad wall is just a wall in the hallway where we trace and paint all the names of the Grad class, the year and paint a big picture of some sort of a cougar. This year's grad class is very big compared to previous years (about 100 people) so naturally it takes more time to paint. We're far from done and it has to be done tonight, *gulp*. Anyways, I'm might go in today, and we'll see if we can finish in time. Tonight is also Mandy's party, I'll see if I'll go there, need to arrange with drives back and forth. One thing I really miss about Kalmar, I could get anywhere anytime all by myself, freedom! It's funny how many things you don't appriciate until you don't have them anymore.

About that, in less than 2 weeks it's time for me to go home. I'll be leaving Moncton on June 25th, 5.30 pm. Then I'll fly to Toronto - Frankfurt-Copenhagen. In Copenhagen my parents'll wait for me and we take the train home to Kalmar. The train leaves at 18.44 on Thursday June 26th, to arrive in Kalmar at 10 o'clock the same night. I'm going to miss this place terribly, but at the same time it feels good to come homw and meet all the wonderful people, and slowly readjust to my old life again.

Even if nothing's ever going to be the same =D I don't know if i necessarly changed that much, but I'm older now, have a lot of new exciting experiences, some bad but strengthening, more confidence in myself. Maybe I changed at some point, I probably did, somehow. I guess that's up to the people at home to decide =P I know how to handle times of stress, homesickness, bend my attitudes and to never stop fighting. Light awaits just around the corner, even if you can't see it right at the moment. As long as you don't give up =P Haha, it sounds so much cliché, but it's true. I guess we tend to become sentimental at times like this. But that's okay.

Linnea's home soon, if she's not already. Good luck! I have no clue what it's like to come home after a year like this, I'll find out soon enough. I'm sure it's great, but maybe a bit confusing at the same time.

Well, congrats again SP3C! I'll see y'all very, very soon!

No comments: