Saturday, May 10, 2008

Camping

Last week we went camping with the outdoor pursuits class. I'm not in that class, but they only had one girl who was going to come so they invited me. It was really fun; The first day we walked for about 2 hours and then we put our tents up and went out wood hunting (At leas me and Tommi did, the guys... hrm ;P). The second day was the work day, we walked with our backpacks from 10 o'clock in the morning and we reached the camp at about 7.30 at night.

I'm quite proud actually, I mean, we crossed two rivers and had some crazy uphill parts. Guess if I was tired that night, I slept like stone (doesn't make sense in English but anyway). The last day we walked for about 2 or 3 hours.It was really fun, Fundy National Park is so beautiful, it's how you picture Canada with the river and the forrests, the "redish" soil and the hills. We even saw some traces of the old wood industry, you know when they let the stocks flow down the river.

Otherwise not much has changed. We have 18 more days of school, it feels really wierd, but at the same time I'm relieved. Not that I can't get by school, I like it, but I love Stagnelius and all that comes with it. It's really not fair that I compare this school to my old school, but I can't help it, it's subconscious.

Mom and Dad come here June 11th. It's going to be so much fun to show them around at let them meet the Leenstra family and all. Now they can see for real where I've spent these 10 months. I'm so bringing them down to Fundy National Park, and to that island that is one of the most photograohed islands in Canada or something (unfortunatly I don't remember it's name.)

That was all for now. Oh by the way, I've found the most awesome Canadian group, The Arrogant Worms. They're so anti-patriotic, it's sweet!

No comments: